TCBOTB

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bug Safari

Iain asked to attend the Bug Safari Vacation Bible Camp hosted at his preschool this week. It's been fun talking about all the cool bugs they are learning about and listening to him recite his memory verses each evening when he returns. He was very proud of himself Monday night when he was chosen to bring home a poster size photo of a Goliath tarantula (I wasn't pleased, but I put on a happy face). He is such a lover of nature and it's cool to listen to him retell a story with such authority and confidence. A couple of weeks ago I was spraying the tub out so I could run him a bath and I washed a big black spider down the drain on purpose. He cried for an hour straight and asked me over and over again through his tears, "Mom, how could you do that? He was trying to get away!" He was so sad and I felt horrible. Needless to say, bugs are now our friends (except mosquitoes and flies) and we are doing our best to live Gandhi's Golden Rule of "Do no harm."

No comments:

Post a Comment